BUILDING CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY
Job Corps’ Building Construction Technology program is a Pre-Apprentice training program offered by Home Builders Institute (HBI).
Students in Building Construction Technology are trained in the following subject areas:
- Learn how to use carpentry and masonry skills to maintain existing facilities
- Use tools and equipment to repair facility structures and systems
- Maintain systems that keep a building safe and secure
- Finish and seal building surfaces
- Develop skills in landscaping to maintain a facility’s grounds
- Build cabinets
Before entering the program, students must:
- Complete all required activity in the Career Preparation Period, including Career Exploration and Career Success/Workplace Skills.
- Meet basic academic requirements in math and reading.
As a Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your training area that may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
Building Construction Technology Numbers to Know
National average earning potential for this career
Completion times vary by training area. Check with your admissions advisor.
While on the job, you will be expected to display the following traits at all times:
Attention to detail